- Visit the Discovery Centre and 10,000 years of Solway Coast Heritage.
- Gateway to the Solway Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Exhibition, Art Gallery, Tourist Information Centre, Education Resource Centre and Gift Shop.
- 'Local Links' & Library Now in the Discovery Centre
- Exhibition Admission: payable inside Discovery Centre.
- Concessions Available.
Visit the past…
see the future…
understand the present…
The Discovery Centre includes a new exhibition, art gallery and an education resource area.
The exhibition showcases the Solway Coast and describes its wildlife, heritage, landscape, communities and a time line outlining historic to present and future perspectives.
The Tourist Information Centre has been newly designed and includes exhibitions about the history of Silloth Airfield and the Carlisle to Silloth railway, as well as a large range of stock and binoculars to entice birdwatchers.
The new art exhibition includes the work of local artists and has a bi-monthly featured artist.
The new education area provides schools and colleges with an excellent resource to use with education officer, Barbara Hepburn, and includes models, costumes, props, Roman chest and many other activities to bring to life the history and wildlife of the AONB.
The refurbishment marks the beginning of a vision for regeneration of Silloth and the Solway Coast and is a gateway to the understanding of the AONB and its unique and special qualities.
The centre, opened in 2002, attracts about 12,000 visitors yearly and hopes to now attract many more.