Joint Advisory Committee (JAC)
The Joint Advisory Committee (JAC) is made up of representatives from both statutory and voluntary organisations with the aim of managing and securing resources for the Solway Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The JAC works with Government’s Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) and the Solway Coast’s staff team to develop five-year management plans to decide the plans and projects which will continue to care for and develop this important area.
The individuals and organisations currently represented on the Solway Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty’s Joint Advisory Committee are:
- Statutory bodies – Natural England & Environment Agency (1 each)
- Local government elected members – Cumbria County Council (2), Allerdale Borough Council (2), Carlisle City Council (1)
- Parish Council elected members (4)
- Maryport and Silloth Town Councils elected members (1 each)
- Community groups (4)
- Local land ownership and management bodies (4)
- Tourism sector (2)
The numbers in brackets denote how many representatives from each category or organisation may sit on the Joint Advisory Committee.