The www.solwaycoastaonb.gov.uk website is provided by the Solway Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty Management Unit and is maintained as a primary source of public information on the work of the unit and the Solway Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty designated area. In addition we engage with the public via various social media channels and directly via email, phone and text in response to specific queries.
The Solway Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty Management Unit is an independent organisation hosted by Allerdale Borough Council. The data controller for www.solwaycoastaonb.org.uk and related channels is the Solway Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty Management Unit contactable via email@example.com
What data we need
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact Solway Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email newsletter
- how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
The legal basis for processing this data is to provide information that is relevant, useful and responsive to the needs of the public visiting and engaging with www.solwaycoastaonb.org.uk and related channels.
Why we need it
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use www.solwaycoastaonb.org.uk .
We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on GOV.UK
- how long you spend on each GOV.UK page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
We also collect data in order to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email newsletters
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send emails to users who request them
What we do with your data
The data we collect may be shared with supplier organisations, our host organisation, partner agencies and funders.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
In general, this means that we will only hold your personal data for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 7 years.
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at any stage, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored. We use service providers including Microsoft, Mailchimp and Eventbrite to provide services such as our mailing list and event bookings. In addition we use social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as additional communication channels.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data. We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Data Protection Officer.
Links to other websites
www.solwaycoastaonb.org.uk contains links to other websites.
Following a link to another website
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) if you:
- have any questions about anything in this document
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
Data Protection Officer